Hyundai Forum Help & Suggestion Center Need help with HF? Ask! Have a suggestion to better HF? Tell us here..

Forum Feedback

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2024, 10:37 AM
Default Forum Feedback

This is a PIECE of **** Forum

There is No moderation and a spammer is allowed to continue spamming for months !

Old 03-18-2024, 06:09 PM
IB Staff

Hello,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We are investigating the issue and taking action. Unfortunately, spammers like to target active and/or well-connected communities and it's always a battle trying to be able to prevent spammers while not making it difficult for legitimate members.

Did you use the Report Post feature to report any of the spammers?

Originally Posted by Jerseyite
This is a PIECE of **** Forum

There is No moderation and a spammer is allowed to continue spamming for months !

Old 03-18-2024, 06:49 PM

Where have YOU been?

As you can see I posted this well over a month ago out of frustration due to a lack of moderation.
I did everything possible to bring this problem to attention.

One should NOT have to bend over backwards and jump through hoops.
As "IB Staff" you or other Staff should have been on top of this back in Dec '23. Not fester to the point of SEO spam for a barbiturate selling website.

I know what it takes. I am a Forum Moderator and member of "Spam Hunters" because the Forum I am on is MORE of a target than here.
IB did not respond to the Forum Contact page communiques nor to email or using the Internet Brands Contact page

** I do apologize for my language as that should also be considered as against a Forum's ToS/AUP but I wanted to get a Moderator's attention. It should not take Months.

EDIT:

I see you responded to my post BUT I still easily found a lot of spam. In just a few days, one generated 101 spam post. Please don't question my "reporting", question IB's commitment to create a safe Forum and having Staff and delegated moderators to keep it that way.

Last edited by Jerseyite; 03-18-2024 at 06:56 PM.
Old 03-18-2024, 07:01 PM
IB Staff

Where have YOU been?

As you can see I posted this well over a month ago out of frustration due to a lack of moderation.
I did everything possible to bring this problem to attention.

One should NOT have to bend over backwards and jump through hoops.
As "IB Staff" you or other Staff should have been on top of this back in Dec '23. Not fester to the point of SEO spam for a barbiturate selling website.

I know what it takes. I am a Forum Moderator and member of "Spam Hunters" because the Forum I am on is MORE of a target than here.
IB did not respond to the Forum Contact page communiques nor to email or using the Internet Brands Contact page

** I do apologize for my language as that should also be considered as against a Forum's ToS/AUP but I wanted to get a Moderator's attention. It should not take Months.
Yes, there are a few different concerns.

First, the Report post feature allows members to directly flag any post that violates content. I do not have any submissions from this site since I've joined the team. So it's unclear to me if you reported the posts via the built-in feature or if they did not get delivered. No submissions in of itself is not too surprising (for a given time frame) as it's based on various factors. Other sites we may or may not get submissions for X time.

This is similar to the Contact Us page. Before your reply, I was looking into the Contact us page as I have not received any recent results from that form.

The Internet Brands Contact Page is above my rank, so I don't know why you didn't receive any reply there or who would have received those emails.

Old 03-18-2024, 07:07 PM

We won't get into what brought your attention to this subject matter. We both know what it was.
Now that you have eyes on the subject matter and have a grasp of the situation, I see no need to to discuss this any longer in a public facing thread.

You have my contact information if you want to discuss this further, and privately.

PS: Please feel free to edit the Subject of this and related threads.

Old 03-18-2024, 11:12 PM
IB Staff

EDIT:

I see you responded to my post BUT I still easily found a lot of spam. In just a few days, one generated 101 spam post. Please don't question my "reporting", question IB's commitment to create a safe Forum and having Staff and delegated moderators to keep it that way.
I see you edited your post while I was replying and so I missed this comment.

To clarify, we were (and still) not finished with the spam at the time of my reply.

Regarding asking if you used the Report post feature, it was a valid question. If you used it and we didn't receive the reports, then that's another issue. As I stated, I have no Reported notifications and I wonder why that was the case. If you're not interested in helping, I understand. The community's strength and success is whole, not our small staff. Nearly every part of the Internet that allows public discussion has some form of Reporting content to the staff for the interest of the community. Additionally, spammers use a wide range of techniques and can hide it in an otherwise normal discussion. Like those other places online, when you look at the numbers, it's easy to understand why the Report post is an important, and one of the first, steps.

Old 03-19-2024, 05:56 AM

Yes, I did.
I also stated I am a Moderator and a "Spam Hunter" on another Forum. I am well acquainted with spammer techniques, goals and methodologies. I am also well acquainted with spam handling and reporting. Such subject matter is not for public discussion.

You have my contact information if you want to discuss this further, and privately. I am done doing it publicly.
Thank you.