Surging & Such - Page 2 - Hyundai Forum - Hyundai Enthusiast Forums

Hyundai Forum Help & Suggestion Center Need help with HF? Ask! Have a suggestion to better HF? Tell us here..

Surging & Such

Old 12-04-2018, 10:13 AM

Uhhhhhhh.... OK, I'm never going to get those mental images out of my memory Allegretto. But, on the lucky side, the old memory is no longer very uhhh ... well, I forgot the word but, you know what I mean.

Happy to report both Sonatas running great, didn't have time for the bushings but we'll do it soon. The CEL is still on in the I-4 and I haven't had time to get the other code reader hooked up, but the way it's running makes me think I just need to clear the codes and they're only leftover from the battery fiasco.

Also, thanks for the advice on the cruise. That's the first place I look on american cars. Any suggestions as to what to look for on the Sonata are most appreciated.

And hanky, you are certainly correct about the bean counters (what is it with you guys? ... beans and pasta sauce and explosive mannerisms ... ?) They (the bean counters, not the explosive mannerisms) screw up everything the engineers works so tirelessly to mis-design in the first place.

So far as wheelbarrows go, I put my knowledge and expertise into rebuilding mine last summer and then loaned it to my son. A week later he returned a brand new one from Home depot and said "Dad, you've got to stop fixing things!"

Old 12-04-2018, 10:39 AM

Also, thanks for the advice on the cruise. That's the first place I look on american cars. Any suggestions as to what to look for on the Sonata are most appreciated.
Now that you are fully aware of the risks in following any of my advice....
The most likely part to fail is the clock spring in the steering wheel. It's actually not a clock spring. It's a wiring harness that winds up and unwinds as you turn the steering wheel. I have not yet replaced one myself but there are youtubes on the topic.

I suppose once you have it out you could trace all the wires for continuity just to make sure it is indeed the clock spring. It could be anything else in the circuit.

Old 12-05-2018, 04:57 PM

Man, talk about low hanging grapes,
Wanna bet he tried to carry 200# of something and needed somebody to blame , not for breaking the wheelbarrow but for having to go BUY a new one !!

Hey,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,now I know where the old name "Bluewind" came from, and don't worry I can't reveal my sources.

Last edited by hanky; 12-05-2018 at 05:00 PM.