Hyundai Sonata The Sonata has grown to be the premier mid-sized sedan of the Hyundai name with the many interior options and the powerful V6 engine.

Parking light remain on when key out

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2022, 05:34 PM

Hanky.....Yes, my auto has the traditional key ignition switch. From what I've gathered researching Ms. Farmer's auto, I'm 99% certain the 2013 Hyundai has the push button style start switch. Still waiting for the electrical diagram though. Once we get it we'll be able to narrow things down a bit more.

Old 01-13-2022, 12:30 PM

Finished installing the new used fuse block, no go. Parking lights still stay on after key removal. Like Hanky suspected there might b a ground issue which I'll look into next, ..yuck. Spent some time and money along with killing my back....can't walk right....but acquired new skills. Additionally, after installing the new ignition key cylinder and switch, I notice the key chime and glowing ring around the key now work properly. Not hit r miss any more. I even rekeyed the new lock cylinder to my old key so I don't have a bunch of keys. However, I also learned a new torture routine for prisoners. Make them rekey a lock! Tiny pins and pieces and little bity springs.....watchmakers and locksmiths are a different breed! So, after a good cry....and a beer ....going back to the salt mine for more fun! Thanks

Old 01-13-2022, 12:47 PM

I hope Ms Farmer can post the wiring diagram.

Until we can determine just where we are here, it might be a good move to consider just disconnecting the negative battery cable until we get this resolved..
At least trips can continue and the worst would be to remove and reinstall that battery cable with the comforting thought that we won't require a jump start when ready to leave.

Old 01-13-2022, 03:22 PM

I'm with u 100% Hanky. Since we have not heard from Ms. Farmer in a bit, it's entirely possible she went with her mechanic. Although not totally convinced, I believe he's her best option at this point. Electrical issues can b the ultimate frustration....my old Hyundai included! thanks my friend.