Hyundai Tucson The second offering in the compact SUV market from Hyundai.

weird electrical problems

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2024, 06:46 PM
Angry weird electrical problems

Hi all
I am new to this forum. I joined to see if anyone else has had problems like mine.
I purchase a preowned 2020 Tucson Ultimate, with approx 19500 miles, about a year ago. Love the car. All the bells and whistles.
We have experienced some weird problems. Passenger seat back reclining on its own, the rear hatch opening when car parked and no one near, nav error while driving, (telling me I can not perform that function when the car is being driven,) but I am not doing anything to the nav system when this occurs. Also when the head lights are on, the right rear tail light is bright like the brake is being pressed. These problems are very intermittent. All except the brake light thing.
The seat back problem, happens when the car is parked and we are not in or around the car. The rear hatch thing has only happened twice, both while parked in my garage. The nav problem just started about a month ago and has only happened twice so far. But when it does occur, the error keeps reoccurring, about ever 5 to 10 minutes. When we stop and shut off the car, it did not come back when we started the car the next time.
I know these are minor problems. and do not affect the operation of the vehicle. they are just annoying. and also unless they can be reproduced, manually they can't be fixed. Can't fix what you can't see.
The car now has 32000+ miles, and is over 3 years since original purchase, so no warranty to a second owner. We did purchase an extended warranty, but it has a deductible, but if they are unable to duplicate the symptoms, how can they repair it.
As the title states, weird problems, does not affect car operations, just very irritating, and when will this lead to a failure while driving and leave us stranded?
Any incite will be welcome.
Thanks for letting me bend your ear
Bobyt16