Hyundai XG 350 The mid-sized luxury model

Hyundai Xg350 2004 Codes P0401, P0446, P0325

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2020, 02:17 PM
Default Hyundai Xg350 2004 Codes P0401, P0446, P0325

I bought my car in October 2019, the person I got it from had a used motor put into it with 83,000 miles on it
A week into purchasing the vehicle the engine light came on. The person I bought the car from told me to take it to shop per his expense. At the shop the guys said it was a sensor that needed to be replaced didn't tell me what but said I would be fine I just won't pass emission and not something I should worry about until that time comes and since I just got my emissions im good for 2 years.
The car was running fine no problems. Until one day it overheated in the drive thru. I called the seller and went to the shop again this time the guys told me I needed to replace the engine cooling fan that the seller will not pay.
a few months back I went to replace the motor of the fan and I couldn't find the right motor. The fan assembly in my car is a 2 prong for both the ac condenser fan as well as the engine cooling fan everything is bought was 4 prong. I had to Ultimately rig a fan motor because i couldn't find the right one. Fast forward to now. One day I was driving and my car starts stalling like I will not accelerate at all and is just stalling id give it gas and nothing then all of sudden it would take off i called the guy and he told me to go to autozone and have the codes read. Thats when I got these codes p0401, P0446, P0325 . He told me to get a sea foam fuel cleaner and I added that and a full tank. He said it was likely I got bad gas. But that had seemed to solved the problem and the engine light even turned off! Well I get down to about half a tank the light turns back on and when I get down to almost e my car started doing the same stalling thing a one point it even turned off on me! I went to the nearest station I didn't have the sea foam on me so I bought whatever fuel cleaner they had at the gas station and filled up. The car was driving okay until it did the same stalling thing yesterday. Above all that my car has started overheating when the ac is on. The guys says I need to get a new fan replacement and I want to i just don't know what fan to get since what I have ordered before doesn't fit my vehicle. My question is what could be wrong with my car what can I do to fix it. I can afford to take it to a shop if I can fix it my self. The guy is telling me its the knock sensor and that I need to get a new cam shaft sensor more than likely. I know that they are not expensive and easy to replace? Will doing that fix my problem? HELP Please single mom here I can't spend tons on a shop. The reason I got a used car is because I can't afford a new one. Please mechanic advice is needed!

This is the fan motor that we replaced. This is what was being used in my engine cooling fan. This is the one i couldnt find the replacement to. As it is 2 prong ans eveeything ive bought is 4 prong. The one we took out is 12 volt what we rigged ans put in is 10 volt. Dont understand why my car would overheat with the cooler on since they are 2 different fans. Help please!

Last edited by ally2020; 05-08-2020 at 02:28 PM.
Old 05-08-2020, 06:59 PM

There used to be a time you could do just about anything and it would get things working. Today's vehicles don't leave much room to do that anymore.
Now,,, getting to that fan motor, if you bought it from some fly by night place, they're on line too ! A lot of so called replacements are "Fits all" and sometimes they do and sometimes they don't.
Where did you purchase that replacement motor? How was it determined the motor was defective ? There are other things that control that motor, were they checked?
Your vehicle may have a few problems and they will need to be checked out one at a time.
Not to cause you any addl anxiety , but when vehicles overheat sometimes engine damage takes place. There are multiple problems.and they will cost some $$ to correct and we don't even know at this time just what they are. Codes are generally used to provide direction , but not always one defective component. Your best bet would be to find a reputable shop and work out a payment schedule. . When we don't have the knowledge and equip we wind up replacing a lot of good parts and that gets very expensive and doesn't necessarily correct the problem(s). There are too many things going on here to offer any useful attempt of repair.