New Member Area Are you new?? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Lets get real

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2019, 02:26 AM
Default Lets get real

I have a 3.3 SE. that is my baby! I paid it off.. and now.. doing things that I always wanted to do.
I will put a turbo on this car! Be that.. both sides.. or just back at 6 psi.
No one has done it to the car! i look.. but nothing.
Getting pissed off. I have went through two sets of exhaust manifolds. The engine runs hot!
The performance upgrades I will not speak of.. But.. I am to 320HP without the turbo.
Flash.. and some tinkering with compression.. real spark plugs.. and air fuel ratio.
Lets say.. I know cars. And the one I have.. I spent 6 months looking for.. before I found it.
One of the few prototypes for the new stinger. if you know what you were looking for? I found one of the few.
I think that 800 for a new manifold that is always going to crap out on me is bull****!
OE from Korea is the best choice. DO NOT GET MAGNIFLOW. complete crap!
And.. the only aftermarket brand.. so they cornered the market to supply ****! 6 month warranty. goes to show!
My car in the end will be the one that you will all want to have.. and to make for yourself.
I have seen just a few. but outside appearance.
2009 and 2010.. guys.. get it together! the engine is tough as hell. The car has a lot of potential.
But.. no one makes aftermarket parts. two years.. and no demand.
I need exhaust manifolds. not going to buy a third set from magnaflow.
The suspension is solid. with some tweaks.
I have the 2009 Hyundai Sonata 3.3 V6 SE.. And love it! Will put this car on the map!

Old 11-19-2019, 03:27 AM

I wish you all the luck with your project, but did you know turbos require incoming air to be cooled down after being compressed then going into the intake of the engine?

With a turbo you can pour in all the air and fuel you want except uncontrolled it WILL melt the pistons ! Maybe you are aware of all this , don't know.