Hyundai Sonata The Sonata has grown to be the premier mid-sized sedan of the Hyundai name with the many interior options and the powerful V6 engine.

Help! 2015 Sonata sport limited question Radio: navigation

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2019, 11:51 AM
Default Help! 2015 Sonata sport limited question Radio: navigation

Recently, I carried my my 2015 sonata sport limited for recall on sunroof. Which they replaced after it was like it was blowing out of the car when I opened it. When my husband picked y car up ,the battery was dead at the Hyundia center. Which was a total surprise since no previous problems. They jumped it off in the parking area. He drove it home about 50 miles. He parked it and left for southern Florida for a week in another car. When he returned he got in the car to come pick me up in Georgia. Battery dead. Had it jumped off drove it about 250 miles to get me. Anyway I noticed radio would not cut off. We carried it to the same Hyundia center and they said the radio,navigation all gone $1500 or pull the fuse. So I said pull the fuse. However , this radio navigation has been in PERFECT working order not one glitch. So they said nothing could have happened when they replaced the recalled power sunroof it was all a coincidence. But it was perfect when we carried it, dead when we picked it up brought it home parked it dead again. I know I’m rambling but that’s a big coincidence. But they say there could be no connection. What do you think??? Thanks

Old 12-06-2019, 01:21 PM

Anytime a place provides a big figure estimate, it is always a good idea to consider a second or even a third opinion.
For that kind of $$$ I would certainly recommend it.
If another dealership is not available ,sometimes a shop with a GOOD electrical technician might be able to either verify the original estimate or may surprise you and , just fix it.
It is not our intent to poo poo some shops,but when that kind of money is involved I would have a good shop check it anyway.

Old 12-07-2019, 01:00 PM
Default Thank you

Thank you I’ll will take your advise and do just what you suggested. It was all too weird the navigation /radio went out just as soon as the power sunroof went in... thank you again